Friday, June 25, 2010

NFL Star Chris Hope's Motivation

The Titans' Chris Hope continues to be one of the top safeties in the NFL. His outstanding career continues as he leads the Titans into the 2010 season. What motivates him?

While from the outside his work may seem glamorous, in reality it is hard, grueling work in a very competitive and demanding environment, where he not only has to perform but lead. He has dealt with injuries as well, just one of the many challenges of playing at this level. Hope was nice to take a few minutes to speak with a reporter after a recent OTA.

"I try to continue to get better," he said. "If I could establish myself as one of the best safeties in the league, I don't take that lightly. I want to get the respect of teammates, coaches, players around the league. When they see tape of me, I want them to see a good football player."

Hope said he works out seven days a week in the off-season, spending time both in his hometown Rock Hill, SC, near Charlotte, NC, as well as in Nashville. "Sundays might be a light workout," he added.

This college and pro star gives credit to coaches as well as his family for helping him along the way to get to this level.

"I've always had some great coaches. My high school coaches were great," said Hope. He listed some of the coaches who have influenced him, including Bobby Bowden at Florida State, Mickey Andrews, Cowher and Darren Perry in Pittsburgh, Dick LeBeau, Marcus Robertson, Fisher, Schwartz and Cecil in Tennessee and others.

"My parents and my grandparents have motivated me my whole life. I was always taught, 'If you don't work, you don't eat,' so it's been instilled in me from when I was young."

1 comment:

  1. how did he get over the paralysis injury a few years ago. that would be a story.

    ReplyDelete